View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #82
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
And I disagree. Free public Libraries are a public good and a government service. As such the cost of them should be primarily borne by the public, who wants those services.
That's where we're bumping heads. Libraries are not free. They are paid for. Every year. By the public.

The access may feel free because you don't have to pay a fee at the door. But it's not free. It's paid for.

So what I feel you are saying is that the fees we pay for libraries should be higher because corporate greed has gotten bigger. Cause libraries are not free. It's paid for.

The books in the library are not free. They are paid for. Every year.

So what I feel you are saying is that the fees we (you know, the paying public) should pay should be higher because corporate greed has gotten bigger. Gotta have those million dollar bonuses. Screw the public. Cause library books are not free. They are paid for.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote