View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #57
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynn View Post
On another note: Being a newbie here and the fact this forum is so large that I'm getting lost trying to navigate my way around here...so I'm not sure where to ask this. but I've read several times that "Ermine" is needed for the eDGe. Could someone please explain why it's needed, what it does and or possibly submit a link where I can find more info and download this?
Ermine is the update to version 2.2 of Android adapted for the eDGe.

The main reason to update to it is to allow those apps that have a minimum requirement of version 2.2 to work. Please not that not all apps work even if they will work on a phone with 2.2 - the reason is that many apps look for phone hardware, and since the eDGe is a tablet it does not have things like GPS, accelerometers and so on, they won't load or work.

If you decide to go for the Ermine update read this thread first
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134237
then check every step at least twice before proceeding on to the next

Last edited by ivanjt; 07-30-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Ermine details
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote