View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 07:32 AM   #60
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Spano View Post
Preliminary results are middling re: sales - as in, my guess is that DPS is selling 5-10x as many copies, but that might not be enough considering there's all this extra promotion going on to convince my publisher that he should lower the price on a permanent basis.

At the end of this experiment, I'll share whatever info my publisher allows me to. I don't have specific stats now, but I'm hoping to. Thanks so much for all these comments/discussions.
One obvious point to make to your publisher, while they may not want such low prices on all books, setting a lower price on a book that is the start of a series would seem like an ideal way to fuel sales in the long run for the rest of that series as most people are not going to tend to pay over the odds for an author they don't know.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote