View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #95
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I am very impressed!
Thanks

To be fully honest, "I can" maybe should have been "I could". Because of my job, travel times and extra courses, I don't train *nearly* as much as I used to in my teens and twenties. I can still do everything I wrote, but it's a fact that my physical condition, speed and accuracy are all a lot less compared to 7-8 years ago. That's because I'm training maybe 2-4 times a month, where I used to train 3-4 times a week. Nowadays, my trainings are so few that I don't actually qualify to test for new dan grades.

Ah well, that's what happens when you grow from schoolboy / student to a full time working man I suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm with you, but left-handed. Oddly enough, my right shuffle side kick is faster and has more power than my left, but for all other kicks and punches, both are about the same. I have equal efficiency with nuchaku, sai, and tonfa with either hand, but if I put manriki-gusari in my right hand for any length of time, I'd better be wearing head protection! And I can't throw bō shuriken, the hira shuriken ,or shaken with my right hand. Well, I 'can' throw them, but not stand much chance of hitting anything unless they are sitting in my lap.
You may have noticed that both weapons (staff and sword) are two handed, and dual wielding two blades or sticks requires two hands and coordination between the weapons. That works fine. However, if you take my right hand weapon away, my left hand one becomes useless, as it is only ever used to "follow" the right hand one. If there's only one, then I must switch it to my right hand, or be able to hold it with both hands.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-03-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote