View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 02:23 PM   #139
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Azayzel got it right. I meant the Blu-Ray DRM fiasco. Legally purchased DVDs unable to be played on legally purchased DVD players is a real issue. As for region problems I purchased my DVD player because it has 1080i upscaling, the ability to be hacked (using the remote) to allow region 2 DVDs as well as region 1 and it all works on my HD TV because of the upscaling so my TV doe snot need to support PAL.

I also find that the DRM used by Sony while slightly better then that used by Mobi is still just as bad. Both only allow so many devices. And after that, you are SOL. Let's say I wanted to give a reader to my mom, my wife's mom, & we have readers. That's 4 readers. We need at the minimum 3 computers. That's 7 devices and one device too many. Mobipocket is even more restrictive with 4 devices. But at least one doesn't have to be the computer.
I believe both companies can remove licenses for old machines you are not using any longer. Giving away to a relative is not within the license scope so your mother should buy her own license for her own machines.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote