View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
Q1 - can you point me to a link as to how to install the PI in Win7 64 bit please?
Editor plugins install just like any other manually installed calibre plugin. It's the same for all platforms: Preferences->Plugins->Load plugin from file. Then choose the zip file you downloaded.

Quote:
Q2 - sounds like your PI will strip the non-value add tags?
It will strip the tags you tell it to strip--regardless of whether they add value or not. If you're talking about attributeless span tags, then yes. If you tell it to strip spans that have no attributes, it will do so. Nested or otherwise.

Quote:
Q3 - could there be an option to remove some tag pairs separated by one (number could be settable?) character.

Code:
<p><b>I</b>n the beginning ..... </p>
Like Rev. Bob's idea of removing consecutive spans of the same class, this certainly has merit. I'm just not certain the logic required would lend itself well to the current structure and internal logic of the Span Div Editor's html parsing routine, though.

Quote:
Q4 - Maybe and option to remove unused ID=" ..." ?
Same as above. It's certainly possible, but it would likely need to be part of a separate tool. Span Div Edit parses as it goes--one time through and it's all done. Removing "unused" IDs would require checking against the current file's css (inline or otherwise) and internal links, all the other (x)html files' links, as well as the opf and ncx files. It's a horse of a different color.