View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 10:00 AM   #44
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Is that the virtual TOC created by Sigil? If I have an actual, hyperlinked TOC, I still need id="chapter01" or whatever, right?
No, you don't "need" an id if the header is at the top of the file....as it is when you split your book into different files for each chapter. Opening a link to a file automatically displays the top/beginning of the file unless another location is specified.

The link for going to the beginning of my Ch_4.html file is:

href="Ch_4.html"

If you had an id="Ch_4" for the header (or if you want to go to a sub-heading somewhere within the file) that link would look like

href="Ch_4.html#Ch_4" or href="Ch_4.html#sub-head_3"

Last edited by Jellby; 02-01-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: fixed markup
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote