View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
I recently bought my first ebook reader - a Kobo Touch - because I'm living in a non-English-speaking country. I've eyed them for years but couldn't justify it considering how many paper books the readers cost could buy.

In retrospect I wish I'd bought one years ago. Stuff I love about it:

- can carry all my books with me
- much lighter than a real book
- can adjust the font (I've always hated serif fonts) and more importantly the text size, e.g. larger for when it's darker out
- I use the built-in dictionary far more than I would have imagined

Word of warning tho: eink readers are great for text-heavy books but terrible for magazines and highly-formatted books/docs; for that I'd suggest a colour LCD tablet.
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote