View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 07:15 AM   #9
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
@Kindleman

What is with the Publishers? They are living in the past. They (like the movie and music industry) are clinging to their old and tired business model. They are fearful of losing control of the product. They are also fearful of independent publishers/writers.

At this point they are their own worst enemy. I was glancing through a thread the other day, and someone was looking for "The time travelers wife". They said it was not available as an ebook (I think the thread was from 9/09), and they ended up getting the audio book. I simply opened another tap in Firefox, did a quick torrent search and there is was. Free, no DRM and ready to read. As I said, the publishing industry are their own worst enemy. They will continue to make odd and counter productive decisions until they finally realize that it's not 1955 anymore.
That might have been me...I know we were hunting it and ended up with the Audible edition instead because there was no legit ebook version. Still have not listened to it myself but the other one has, I think anyway. But we only grabbed it because we had the credits with Audible. Otherwise we would have waited to find the cd/dvd audiobook edition on ebay or amazon for 80% off the original price.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote