View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #395
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Thomas- View Post
OK, maybe my posting was a little careless. I don't want to convince people to cancel their accounts or to start boycotting Amazon. But for me things just added up over a while, first the POD thing and now the kindlepid "affair". It looks like Amazon wants to build up monopolies in many markets, and I can't support that.

I would second an open letter by the community, and if I read things correctly someone already set up something like that?! But IMO they won't really change things after reading such a letter. You have to "speak with your wallet" if you really want to drag attention to your issues. Again, this is only my personal opinion.
Don't get me wrong please. I didn't want to blame you. It's just a difficult situation with more than one point of view, eg. What should/could MR do? vs. What should/could i do personally?
Your personal decision to stop any business with Amazon is fine. Basically (and personally) i do agree with you. But as community we should try to talk to Amazon first and give them time to react on our protest.
Boycotting and/or even bashing them under the flag of MR seems to be the wrong way if we want MR to keep a good relationship to Amazon.

You earned a lot of respect by me for the "rectification" of your first post.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote