View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 03:43 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by stethorn View Post
Hi,

Had Kobo Glo for just over a week, noticed that when I was reading the battery % does not drop, was hoping this to be a real good battery life. But last night I accidentally hit the home button, and then went straight back into my book, then battery % went from 38% down to 34% !!. Is this normal that it does not update when just reading? I am a slow reader and it can take months for me to get through a book, if all I did was read would the % stay on a 100% and then suddenly go off on me ?

By the way I have not yet charged the device, its still using the charge out of the box.
I have noticed that too, the indicator will stay the same for a few hours and then drop by a few percentage points at once. But I've never had a drop of more than 4-5% except when doing a wifi sync when it can drop by 6-8%, so I don't worry that it will suddenly drop from well-charged to zero.

However since you haven't charged the battery yet it is probably a good idea to run it right down and then do a full charge. Others have suggested that the battery meter needs this in order to calibrate itself.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote