View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #66
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
In this case, it appears her Kindle was broken and she knew it was broken. Ooopps

Amazon is a business. It is not an evil entity out to screw people. If some one violates the TOS on a regular basis and gets caught then there are consequences. If I speed and get a ticket, I pay a fine and my insurance goes up. That is a risk associated with speeding. If I violate the TOS and get caught, I might face some consequences including the loss of the books.

How many people have Kindles and how frequently does this happen? I have no problem with buying books from Amazon. I remove the DRM and have back ups of my books. Even without that, I wouldn't have a problem with buying books from Amazon. You have to do something seriously wrong to have this tupe of thing happen.

Or break your Kindle and fabricate a story for some silly reason
But what difference does it make if her Kindle was broken? They've apparently closed her account and won't respond to her inquiry with any specifics. And if her account is closed, she can't redownload the books she bought.

Although, in fact, I must say I am beginning to doubt the veracity of the story, because the earlier MR thread about Amazon closing an account also apparently involved a broken Kindle--seems like too much coincidence to me ...
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote