View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 02:56 AM   #11
blak4dr
Zealot
blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.blak4dr has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 623, Kobo Glo HD, Aura One,Aura H2O2
rionada, the truth of the matter is that you cannot connect the Iconia to your computer in a way that calibre will recognize it, so you have to find a workaround.

To do this, you will need to use a feature calibre called the content server. It is basically a website setup by calibre that will allow you to access the content of your library and download books in your favorite reading app.

In the past, I have used Aldiko to read my books, but nowadays, I have switched to Mantano. They both have the needed feature to access opds catalogs.

Now let us walk you through it:

- Start calibre.
- Access the preferences page.
- In the Sharing section, click sharing over the net. You have now access to the content server page.
- Leave the default options and most definitely do not put any username and password (as android has trouble with identification in that matter).
- In the middle of the page, you have a "start server" button. Press it. Your content server is started.

- LEAVE CALIBRE RUNNING !!! if you close it, the content server will close. There is a way to start it independently, but you will have to figure it out elsewhere

Now your tablet.

I don't know what you reading software is, but there are now two ways to access your library.

Your library is now on the air. I expect that you have a wifi network at home for your iconia. That is what you will use.

- requirement: to have easy access, you need the network name of the computer running calibre. This is easily found -- and corrected if necessary -- in the system properties of your computer. Mine is t130 (I set it up this way to have easy access), so I will take that as an example. Replace t130 with your computer names in the address I will give.

- Now that you have your computer name, we will access the content server. There are two different ways. Through your internet browser or directly from your reading app if it supports the feature.

- Internet browser: start your browser and type in the address bar:
http://t130:8080/browse

then browse. You have access to your library. Download the books and then import them into your reading app.

- reading app: you need to have an app that supports opds catalogs, like Aldiko or Mantano for example (but there are others). Access the catalog page and setup new catalogue that you can call calibre or whatever you like. for an address, use:
http://t130:8080/opds

Then you can access your library and import books directly from there.

I hope this helps you.

Last edited by blak4dr; 01-09-2012 at 02:06 AM.
blak4dr is offline   Reply With Quote