View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003, 10:23 AM   #4
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Re: Re: Re: should I use two *.ixl files?

Quote:
Originally posted by thoresson
After a once-only conversion, can I delete the url from iSilox? Or would that delete the file from my Palm as well?
You can do that. The channel in the .ixl creates the .pdb that downloads to your Palm. I would do the following, however, as a process for this situation:

1. Create the download file via iSiloX
2. Check it thoroughly on your Palm to make sure you're happy with links, images, etc.
3. After syncing your palm, go into your backup directory on your desktop and copy the file over to an archive storage folder, in case you need the .pdb file in the future.
4. Delete the channel from your .ixl.

You also might think of creating another .ixl file called archive.ixl in which you store channels you once used, but probably won't again. That way you can save the channels in case you want to process them again in the future (or in case you want to share the channels here in the New Links section!). Since you don't plan to update these again, the file is just a storage facility.

Remember also that you can copy(or cut)/paste channels from .ixl to .ixl any time, making it really easy to move .ixls around.

Cheers,
Gary