View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
Eisengoth
Independent Author
Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Eisengoth can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
purchased, i've been in the mood for s&s lately.

edit-i'm about 20% of the way through so far. it's very good. there's definitely an awesome pulp fantasy vibe and i'm even picking up on a bit of elder scrolls/the witcher/two worlds influence (i don't know if you're a gamer or not but i mean that as a compliment.).

based just on what i've read so far, i'd definitely like to see more of this world already.
I'm really glad you're enjoying it! I am definitely a gamer, and there is most definitely a reason that you're picking up those vibes. Especially The Witcher, actually - the game is based on the books by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, and they are probably some of the best swords & sorcery published in the last 10 years.

When I was developing the concept to begin writing ELEGY, D'Arden was defined basically as "A little bit Geralt, a little bit Solomon Kane and a little bit Jedi..." Of course, he came a long a way after that, developing into his own distinct character, but that's where he started!

I'd love to hear what you think when you've finished it!
Eisengoth is offline   Reply With Quote