View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 06:47 AM   #1
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
What happened to the cover and author?

I have downloaded a couple of books from kobobooks.com and also another from borders.com.au via ADE that are missing their covers.
On the website when I purchased them they had nice covers (that looked like a real book) but when I downloaded them they ended up with a very boring generic looking title page.
One of the books also says that the author is unknown despite the fact that the author was listed on the website when I purchased the book. Does anyone know why this would happen?

I attempted to fix this using Calibre but the books are all DRM restricted and I haven't found the courage to do the removal thing yet.
None of this really matters (cos as far as I can tell all the content is there) but with unknown authors and absent covers I feel like I am reading second rate pirated versions when I paid for the real thing.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be doing something different to make sure I get a cover and the author?
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote