View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 01:45 PM   #6
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Hi,

Anyway you still can read their books on a pc/laptop or Palm (since I've never owned a Palm I had no idea about embiid being readable there). About hacking, making a reader for .ebk on pocket pc is interesting, but getting the html file from the book would have been really useful since after all who knows what ereading device is going to come up tommorrow. Right now I use Ebookwise and Nokia 770 but I see myself getting an eink reader at some point too and so on... This is the main reason I just do not touch anything that I cannot get to an html/text file.

Liviu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master
Embiid books could be read on Palm PDAs too, though not PocketPC/WinCE/Windows Powered/whatever the heck they're calling it this week machines.

And it's not quite true that "nobody" bothered to hack it. There was someone who posted in the Embiid forum on SFFnet that he did, because he wanted to be able to read the books on a PocketPC and he had been spurned (he felt) by Embiid when he offered his help to make a PocketPC reader gratis. Apparently he did it rather easily, too. He came in for quite a tongue-lashing from Embiid's owners over it. Unfortunately, there's no longer any way to find out who he might have been in order to contact him about it, because the SFFnet discussion thread about it expired.

Sigh. And after I spent all that money on Liaden books from them, too...
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote