View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettrue View Post
I go to 192.168.0.192:8787 in WordPlayer v3 on my nexus one. No go. It says server not found.
If you are attempting to connect from outside your home network, i.e., using your phone provider's GSM-based wireless network, then you must use the IP address supplied by your ISP. You can get this by going to http://www.whatsmyip.org/. Note that if your ISP is assigning you a dynamic IP address, then it will change from time to time. There are ways around this inconvenience, but I won't go into them unless you have that problem.

The 192.168... address will work only from within your home net. Starson17's diagnostics are an excellent place to start if you are connecting to your home network using wifi.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote