View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #38
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Economic incentive. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh603 View Post
So what's to stop a hacker from getting in there, disabling *all* your licenses, and then changing the password?
This has been a potential problem ever since online registration started up 15 years or so ago, but it's never been much of a problem. There just is not enough reason to do it beyond revenge. Besides, a company like MS is going to have all that stuff backed up in a way to make it easy to restore appropriate functionality.

I'm not defending Microsoft. As I've said elsewhere, I think their business model is coming to its economic end of life. But registration security is something their system covers reasonably well.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote