View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
kumaryu
Zealot
kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kumaryu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, Kobo: Touch, Glo, Arc, Aura, Glo HD, Nexus7, nergy Pro HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggins View Post
The epub3 support for Japanese vertical layout got me hoping KT will now support right-to-left epubs as well.
I upgraded to v2.0 and tried displaying a right-to-left epub3 file, with both Hebrew and Arabic, which is displayed well in Calibre.

It didn't work. The text was displayed left-to-right on my KT.
I hope that with epub3 now starting to be supported, right-to-left will also be supported soon.
I thought EPUB(2?) standard already supported options to specify right-to-left as well as left-to-right layouts. OTOH, I suspect rendering Arabic would also require CTL issues to be addressed to support context sensitive transformations.

Last edited by kumaryu; 07-11-2012 at 07:56 PM.
kumaryu is offline   Reply With Quote