View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 07:08 AM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
Y'know, probably not -- my epubs don't have splits at the moment, all one XHTML file (splits are not a requirement of the format, just the current reading systems.)
Aha! That explains a lot of our "who's on first" conversation.

Quote:
It doesn't like my ePubs. I'll have to figure out why (probably the single file thing. It's screaming about an undefined spine.) My guess is that they deliberately turned off printing.
Wow, that sucks. My epubs look great in it, I'm all excited for my techno-trog author clients, something easy for them to use for the epubs; I already have them on the Kindle Desktop for that group.

Quote:
You're my only fan, so don't stress.
Oh, say it ain't so, cap!

Quote:
Oh, I found epub2pdf, though, which looks more like what you want. It's a Java app.

cap

ps: that's called burying the lede.

It certainly IS called burying the lead!! (Cap was making a joke, for those who don't follow the "lede." GROAN)

The Prince thing is great. It still creates one pdf per xhtml chapter, but I don't care, it does it all at once (like this FAB little script I have called Gallery Creator that resizes a boatload of images all at once, it's terrific), so I can send them all off to her for her to read at her leisure. I name all my xhtmls cogently, so they're named things like "Prologue," "Chapter 1," all that mundane goodness, so she can instantly tell what to read in what sequence without me even having to rename the suckers. I'm a reasonably happy camper, all things considered.

Finish her other two epubs tomorrow (finalized two today, the stupid metadata took the longest), then onto my next adventure with using BD for my next scanned books from one of my new authors. Oh, frabjous day!! I downloaded Notetab, @cap, so if you get PM's from me looking for regex help, you have no one to blame but yourself. Oh, and I have a "DIY" book in I have to do...has a billion images. {sigh} (that is my euphemism for something else entirely!!)

Many thanks to everyone who helped, in this thread and in others. You guys rock. I'd use one of those annoying smiley emoticons, but I {heart} you guys. I hate it when they move around!! (The emoticons, not youse guys!).

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote