View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Ah-hem!
Calibre Viewer has a Print button.

If you are Proofing an E-Pub, conversion does not seem to be indicated
Firefox has EPubreader plug-in.
I believe Calibre Viewer is stand-alone

And, Horrors: ADE
  1. The Calibre print viewer only prints the text, not any of the included images, and all the formatting is lost.
  2. The Calibre convert-to-pdf function is equally untenable, the pages--as I mentioned--come out wonky and result in nine bazillion print pages.
  3. I believe I mentioned that my client won't use FF and doesn't know how to download plug-ins OR associate file extensions.
  4. As I know I mentioned, my client does NOT, repeat, NOT wish to "proof" her final product on the monitor, but intends to print it. I'm trying to accommodate that desire.

I tried Calibre's print menu, to a variety of printers, including PrimoPDF. Not viable, it looks like crap, my client will have a seizure if she looks at that. FF will open and view the xhtml files one at a time, which isn't what I need, as I mentioned.

But thanks anyway.
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote