View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
-axel-
-axel- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.-axel- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.-axel- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.-axel- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.-axel- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.-axel- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.-axel- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.-axel- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.-axel- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.-axel- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.-axel- could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
internationalization support?

Hi,

was trying to use the plugin (as included in calibre portable 0.9.23) and it did not find any annotations on my Kindle Paperwhite.

Created a debug file via plugin options, which says:

c:\dokume~1\axel\lokale~1\temp\calibre_annotations _plugin\Kindle.py:_parse_my_clippings(failed with line: u'- Ihre Notiz auf Seite 14 | Position 203 | Hinzugef\xfcgt am Sonntag, 2. September 2012 um 00:40:38 Uhr\n')
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Traceback ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\dokume~1\axel\lokale~1\temp\calibre_annotation s_plugin\Kindle.py", line 361, in _parse_my_clippings
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'ts' referenced before assignment
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
action:fetch_device_annotations(Amazon Kindle)
action:fetch_device_annotations(INFO: <p>Unable to find any annotations on Amazon Kindle matching books in your library.</p>)

It quotes the second line in My Clippings.txt, which is in deed localized to German by the Kindle. So it looks like the plugin can not handle Kindle set to language different from English, does it?

I could try to change Kindle language to English, but I wonder if this would change all entries in My Clippings.txt or only new ones...? Anyway I'd rather not switch language.

Best
Axel