View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 09:11 AM   #30
Question Mark
Guru
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
The PDF experience very much depends on the app. When there is no crop, zoom, rotate, and reflow, there is basically no viewing of PDF on nearly any screen. All these features are there in Onyx Boox and Pocketbook devices.
Quite agree, which is one of the reasons why viewing PDFs on my Onyx Note is so pleasurable.

But, to be really comprehensive, you would need to add processing speed to the above list. Even if a device could do all of the above, if it took it an eternity to do it, the PDF experience would be painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
If you want to watch PDF files on a Kobo, install Koreader on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2oSOeAnD10
Koreader makes PDF viewing passable even on a 6" screen.
I already have Koreader installed on both my 6" and my 8" Kobos. It does dramatically enhance the viewing of certain PDFs, particularly those which are primarily text oriented. It doesn't do much for other PDFs.

For certain PDFs, screen size is what will matter most, closely followed by processing speed. The Onyx Note has both of those which makes it such a joy for PDFs.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote