View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 10:03 PM   #75
ArthurianLegends
Connoisseur
ArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Touch (4rth Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaibob View Post
When the first Oasis was released, there seemed to be a real lack of enthusiasm for the device. In contrast, there seems to be some excitement among forum member over the new Oasis, which is awesome. I'm sure looking forward to delivery of mine.
I think this release offers much more bang for the buck. The charging cover of the original Oasis was a huge turn off for me: I could foresee all kinds of problems with that and prefer a single built in battery to charge. I have enough things to charge already.

This Oasis really excites me because there is Audible (which should have been included with the original Oasis at their high price point). It also excites me because I do use the auto brightness feature in my Voyage. I know some don't care for this, but it is a plus for me, as it has synchronized to my tastes perfectly over the years. The water proofing of this Oasis just gives me that extra peace of mind and justifies the name of the device, even though I definitely do not read in a tub.

To me, the indigo non-leather covers looks so much better than the leather option (never a fan of leather on a kindle or any device for that matter), and the fact that this Oasis offers this animal friendly option makes me even more excited.

That said, I am very happy with my Voyage and can wait for a few production runs to work out the kinks before ordering. So my delivery date:
sometime after the holidays if I see that the device does not disappoint. Till then, I will live vicariously by reading all your comments, and hoping that this Oasis exceeds everyone's expectations.
ArthurianLegends is offline   Reply With Quote