View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 04:10 AM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The GreatGonzo View Post

I've even considered looking into buying a nice version of this from Fictionwise or Mobipocket, but I really can't bring myself to pay for a public domain title - even if it's nicely formatted and laid out....
So what are you saying? That you're happy for us to spend hours creating nice versions of these books for you to download free of charge, but you're unwilling to pay for the results of such labour?

Presumably, by extension, you'd also never pay for printed versions of out-of-copyright authors, either?

Sorry - I don't mean to be rude, but those of us who create books put a great deal of time and effort into it, and it would be nice to think that all that work is perceived as having at least some value.

Why not have a go at creating a nice Mobi version of the book you mentioned yourself, using "Book Designer"? Might give you an appreciation of how much work we put into creating all these book that are available for download .

Personally I'd be more than happy to pay for a nice version of an out-of-copyright book, because I know just how much effort it takes to change the raw text PG original into a nice book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote