View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Most you will pay for the average ebook?

Just curious, in light of the new price-gouging agency model (decade-old paperback $1 cheaper than print! They're all heart) if anyone has bought any books yet under the new pricing and what your thoughts are on how high they can take you for. I have still been adding books to my wishlist (mostly at Kobo since Fictionwise doesn't have anything good anymore) and some books I would have impulse-bought in the past (e.g. books to replace a paper version taking up shelf space in my tiny home) I am wishlisting and not buying. With the exception of maybe 1 author where I really would be willing to pay to have it right away, I just can't see myself paying more than $12 for an ebook---$10 is my limit but Canadian books seem to be $2 higher so I have bumped it a little. But more than that, I'll wishlist it and wait.

So, do you have a ceiling? What is it?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote