View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 08:31 AM   #15
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
When I think "Old Masters" I tend to think of the SF writers who got their start prior to 1960, rather than those who mostly wrote in the 60's, 70's and 80's. I tend to think of writers like Heinlien, Azimov, Marion Zimmer Bradley, Poul Anderson, Tolkien, Andre Norton, Fletcher Pratt and L. Sprague de Camp. Of course, if you want to go real old school, there were the writers who wrote in the 1890-1930's - Eddison, Haggard, William Morris and Lord Dunsany.

There was another wave of writers who got their start in the 60's - Zelazny, Moorcock, Gordon Dickson, Anne McCaffrey to name some.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote