View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 06:25 AM   #10
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Sci Fi is not my favorite genre by any stretch. I did like Wool by Hugh Howey, however, and I like post apocalyptic books even less than Sci-Fi. As I stated in the other thread, I don't go much for Heinlen's Starship Troopers. I did read the original Planet of the Apes. That was pretty good and a definite twist from the movie. I also Enjoyed some of the Star Wars books. The original Thrawn Trilogy by Zahn, and the Hans Solo Trilogy by Crispin. '

Some other recent reads were the The Three Body Problem by Liu. I read it after reading that it was on Obama's summer reading list one year. He called it 'wildly imaginative'. I read the sequels of the trilogy as well. The second was good, the third I had to kind of slog though. Howey's Molly Fyde Series was pretty good, a quick read. I read 2001, just so I could understand the movie somewhat. That was 40 years ago. Ender's Game, I just had to put down after 75 pages and quit. And lastly I did like the Old Man's War Series by Scalzi, it being more a comedy than sci-fi. I bought Hal Space Jock, a comedy series as well, haven't got around to reading it.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote