View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 03:21 PM   #5
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Heinlein is an old master whom I have a lot of ebooks, mostly because Baen bought the publishing rights to most of his backlist and made them available. I've got 27 of his books, but that include a number of short stories books.

One of the more interesting is the version of Podkayne of Mars that I have. It includes both the original published ending and the ending that Heinlein originally wrote, but the editor rejected.

While Stranger in a Strange Land was one of his most awarded books (a favorite of the 60's generation and where the word grok was coined), I never really cared all that much for it. I've got it in paperback and read it, but never bothered to pick it up as an eBook. My favorite from that time period was The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. It's just an odd book that I read at just the right age to appreciate.

I liked Glory Road as well. Definitely not a juvie, but I loved the Cyrino reference.

Starship Troopers was a very influential book. Powered suits, bug hunt and a lot of other stuff came from this book.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote