View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 07:00 PM   #8
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Years ago, I read a short article on self editing that used highlighters (one colour for adverbs, another for adjectives etc etc). I realised by the third highlighter that I didn't know what all (most) of the parts of speech meant/are (I'm a casualty of the sixties idea that kids didn't need to know stuff like that. Stupid sixties hippies).

Despite my handicap of not knowing what the heck a "dependent clause" was (I'm assuming something Christmas related) I ended up with a lot of colours and no freaking idea what it all meant.

On the bright side, I do now have a nice bunch of coloured highlighters.

So now, I either send the "finished" product to someone who went to a private school (sans hippies) or I leave the piece for a month or so and then read it out loud to the dog. Anything that sounds weird to the dog goes.
skb is offline   Reply With Quote