View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #48
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Yes, I agree and I acknowledged the difference between a fisherman who is trying to earn his living and one who considers it a sport. But what I dislike is that whole idea of its being heroic to battle and subdue the natural world.
Yup. You did. And I get that dislike. Though I'm not sure I'd say Santiago is trying to subdue the natural world so much as trying to survive it. Hemingway, however, is rather far over on the heroic battle side of the spectrum. WAY over.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote