View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 12:08 AM   #20
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I have kvetched about Google's interface, before, too. I don't see what the difficulty would be creating even a halfway useful sorting feature.

This is amazing to me, for the company whose name is synonymous with Internet search engine. But not all tech companies which have a great capability in one area have it in another. Take, for example Microsoft. It gave us the state of the art office suite; but it also gave us Bing.
I suspect their focus on search is the problem. It works fine if you search for a particular author or book. If you want to browse, it's hideous. Seems like someone's been thinking "people will only want to search for books" and designed it accordingly.

The problem for them is search isn't always the answer, especially for any kind of shopping. A lot of times people want to browse to find something interesting.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote