View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Anlon
Anlon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox, Sony PRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoboJW View Post
Hi Steve,
There was an issue that the battery controllers would occasionally stop reporting correct levels. A firmware patch (that you should have seen applied during the initial setup) fixed this issue. However, we found that in some case that firmware patch fails to apply properly. We included an app to check the battery controller firmware and update if neccessary - it is called Firmware update and found in your app area. Please run it and let me know if it required updating. If it was up to date, then we may have some other issue. I have a work around I can PM you.

Hope that helps,
James

Hi James.

Thanks for the reply.

My Vox started charging again for now. I ran the firmware update app but both of our firmware versions are up to date. If you can PM me the workaround that would be great.

Quote:
There is another thread discussing this issue (or a similar one anyway) it seems thatif you turn it off while charging it works better.

But interesting news from James...
I looked around to see if anyone else was having the same problem. I read the thread your talking about but it doesn't seem to be the same problem.

I have left it plugged in turned off, in standby with wi-fi off and it just seems to charge randomly...

Hopefully James can help!

Thanks

Steve
Anlon is offline   Reply With Quote