View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
lamoe
Enthusiast
lamoe doesn't litterlamoe doesn't litter

Device: Pandigital Novel, Nextar T30, HTC EVO
Wife and I just 2 new phones – HTC EVO (me), Samsung Galaxy (her). Two major differences.

HTC has on virtual keyboard and even when in horz position still easy to fat finger a key. The Galaxy has the slide out board which even I can use easily. Don't do much texting so mine isn’t a problem for me. Also noticed that my screen appears to have a more sensitive touch which I like for game playing.

Second one is more problematic. In our house I get 3 / 4 bars of service, she only gets 1 / 2 and that results is many dropped calls for her. First phone that’s happened with. Called Sprint and because we also have a PCIM card and router for our computers, they’re sending us a signal booster for free with no monthly service charge. Will probably hack one of our phones to turn it into a hotspot. But, not right now.

Finally have 3 readers I use. Pandigital Novel, HTC, and Nextar T30. HTC is a great reader and very easy on the eyes. Nextar was my backup now it’s the HTC.

Look around for one of those rechargeable 5vdc batteries. Got one for $5 at WalMart. Works great and you’ll need it because these Android phones are real power hogs. I always make sure what apps are running and shutdown any that look / use external signals, GPS, Navigation, Maps etc.
lamoe is offline   Reply With Quote