Thread: Amazon vs Kobo
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 08:06 PM   #47
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakini View Post
FWIW, my advice would be to go with the Kindle. Kobo's lost me as a loyal customer after being with them since they started selling e-readers.

I'm a Kobo to Kindle convert. I have had three Kobos; needing a repair I got a several-month absolute horrendous runaround in which Kobo kept telling me I needed to buy a new machine, until the time for the warranty ran out and they denied my claim to get it fixed; according to customer service, they no longer repair, even if under warranty. I gave up and bought a used Kindle off Facebook marketplace (the 2014 model). It converted me ... library books get sent automatically through Amazon to the device, I got a 3-month trial of Kindle Unlimited which has been great. We then went and bought a paperwhite since reading in the dark was something we missed. It's so easy to put multiple devices on a family account and choose what to download or which device to send something to. Sideloading can happen through email, too. It's so much easier not having to connect it to a computer for these tasks.

The readers themselves feel about the same -- same quality, same feel in the hands. We always use cases, so I can't speak to any device taking great knocks.

So yeah, after the sudden downturn in Kobo customer service now that it's provided by Walmart, and the much easier integrations of the Kindle, I don't see us going back to Kobo. It's too bad, we enjoyed them from the beginning, but they're not the company they used to be and pushed us away.
Wouldn't it be much easier to return a Kobo now that you can buy one from Walmart U.S. ? With a 15 day return window that would be the same as buying from Best Buy. Only Best Buy doesn't have Kobos.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote