View Single Post
Old 08-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #7
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I tried to warn people about how bad this was going to be and did they listen? Nope, they went and voted for it just to spite me. They didn't spite me. I just feel sorry for the way the vote went. We had some good books there and the worst one got voted in.

Le Guin wrote one semi-decent book (Left Hand of Darkness) and because of that, many people think she's a good writer when most of her books are awful because of the way she writes and sometimes because of the subject matter.

I didn't read this one and I never will. Life is too short.
Well said. I read your warning, just after I had registered. I knew you'd be right. If people that are more tolerable vis a vis books say don't touch it, then I believe them. I do have a curiosity about the book, but there are many others that I want to read first before going that way.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote