View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 10:57 AM   #1325
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian666 View Post
States that PW not supported?
"Installs a pristine 3.4 (K3), 4.1.1 (K4), or 5.1.2 (KT) firmware; other devices (K1, K2, KDX, Paperwhite) are not supported!"
Should I try it anyway?
That only means the system can't de-brick a paperwhite.

I did not mean for you to use the Wizard to de-brick your Kindle.
I only mean for you to run Linux (rather than Win8) and escape from the Wizard to the command line by pressing F4.

At that time, you are running a Linux OS in ram (does not touch anything installed on your PC).
Then you have a chance of dealing with devices that come and go too quickly for Windows.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote