View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I was thinking the Kindle WiFi or 3G might be the best option, however, how do I go about pre-loading DRM'ed books onto it? Am I going to have to link it to my account? Can I send books to the Kindle without opening the package?
You can't set her up with Kindle DRM'd books (short of linking it to your account), but you could search out free ebooks for her--look for some of the classics here at Mobileread that fit her interests, and find some others around the web. There are enough free promo books and creative commons releases to set her up with a device with up to several dozen ebooks to start with. And you can set her up with a large collection from the Baen Free Library.

(I tend to suggest Kindle over Nook because the Kindle has a functional, if limited, web browser, and as I understand it, the Nook's web access is limited to the B&N store. I think the Sonys are better than either of those, but someone who is hooked on the idea that wifi is necessary for ebook enjoyment isn't going to be convinced of that.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote