View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #14
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewt View Post
My font call in the css has no !Important!'s on it. the font family reads like this:

Code:
font-family:"Minion Pro","Dutch801 Rm BT","Times New Roman","Goudy Old Style","Baskerville Old Face","Georgia",serif;
The font being used by Calibre viewer is indeed Times New Roman, despite me having the sony Dutch Roman properly installed on my system; if css rules are being followed, shouldn't they go in order if the first one isn't usable/available?
Is that the css inside the book or the "user css" of calibre viewer? The second is what I was asking about.

Then, one should make sure the font names specified are the correct ones, in the case of embedded fonts they should match the names given in the @font-face, for system-installed fonts, it could be anything.

But I can tell you calibre (0.7.0) can work with embedded fonts, as the attached screenshot shows. The title and drop-cap fonts are embedded in the ePUB, and they are not installed in this computer. If you are worried about embedding an un-obfuscated version of a commercial font, try with a free font instead and post a sample file, please.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.png
Views:	310
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	53268  
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote