View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 12:07 AM   #42
Buran
Geek
Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis Waterproof 32GB 3G (without offers)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
My biggest question is whether the Kindle DX is going to be easy for someone to use who only has the use of the left hand. Both of the predecessor devices have Next Page buttons on the left as well as the right side of the case. I'm loading the User's Guide over this very slow network connection to see if the autorotate function is only portrait to landscape or if one could turn the Kindle 180 degrees so that the page-turning buttons are on the left.
I actually just came in to edit my post to add this point since it didn't hit my conscious mind until now even though I'd noticed the missing buttons earlier today when I looked at photos. I don't think turning it to be upside down is a viable answer. It upsets the ergonomics, puts the keyboard out of reach, and really shouldn't be necessary when both of its predecessors just put the buttons on both sides. Plus, sometimes I just want to reach over and sip a drink and hold it in my right hand just for a few seconds, and click the "next" button once while doing that, and then move it back after the drink is sipped. You can't do that easily if you have to rotate the whole thing.

Come on, Amazon. Fix this before you ship the thing.
Buran is offline   Reply With Quote