View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 06:41 AM   #9
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
Well, I'll make a completely uneducated guess here...

Amazon (owner of mobipocket) saw the stunt Google and Sony did with their massive ePub library and wanted to do something similar so they went to PG and asked them to provide their library as .mobi files.
This isn't how I see it.
I rather think PG has seen the takeup in the Kindle and the Sony Reader (which now use mobi and epub respectively) and is moving to support them. Maybe the shoddy OCRs for ebooks by Google (hidden behind a commercial website no less) spurred them on somewhat.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote