View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 10:16 PM   #822
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I finished up The Magic of Recluce (excellent!) and started into the second book, The Towers of Sunset, but it wasn't really grabbing me. I ended up switching to Rally Cry, the first Lost Regiment book by William R. Forstchen, which was a lot of fun. The historical details and attention paid to establishing Civil War era infrastructure from scratch added another dimension to what was in most respects a pulp adventure story (but quite enjoyable on that level, too).

I've returned to the second Recluce book and gotten a little more drawn in, though so far it seems less interesting than the first. The first book is a worthwhile standalone read even if you don't want to sign on for the series.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote