View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #819
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyspice View Post
The crash-and-lose-your-page error is still not fixed with the latest update. Doesn't the author read all the error reports in the Play Store comments? I still think Cool Reader is the best e-reader when it works, so I dropped back to version 3.0.55-32, which seems to be the last good version before this error crept in. The author needs to save the page number after every page-turn. Better yet -- fix the crashes!

You can get the older version by loading the app at f-droid.org, which has older versions of many apps, when the Play Store is not an option. This older version doesn't have Cool Reader's fancy new interface, but the reader itself is great: no crashes, no losing your place. I'll try each new update as it comes out, but at the first sign of a crash-and-lose-page error, I'll drop back to my (now-backed-up) older version.
You can get all the versions of coolreader from its sourceforge page.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cren...s/CoolReader3/
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote