View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 06:34 AM   #34
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
so the problem is only when winamp is actually running - just have ing it installed but not opn does not prevent sigil from working ?

if so that suggests the following:
sigil needs some qt component - lets call it qt1- & sigil will normally cause that to get loaded somehow - no problem.

winamp needs a different version of the same component - lets call that QT1A

So when winamp is open & you then launch sigil, windows gets too cute for its own good & goes - "aha- I see you need qt1 but there's already an active version of that in RAM so I'll re-use that" - & fobs sigil off with Qt1a, which crashes it.

this could be total rubbish as I know next to nothing about QT ( so much so that I thought it was part of QuickTime! ) but it's a hypothesis to be developed or shot down as others see fit.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote