View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #134
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
What you can guarantee is that no one else that tried to call Amazon was likely to get any info at all (nor should Amazon give out such info to third parties). I also doubt she received any information until it was normal working hours and it's obvious that it was quickly cleared up at that point, since she got her book access back, then.

Amazon's rules on freezing of an account for investigation have been there for years, long before e-content. And doubtless need to be overhauled, now that they have a lot of content (that they sold and that you've uploaded on your own, for many) hostage.
I don't really have an issue with account freezing whilst an investigation is done. However, when you read the CS email exchange, they just repeat that the account is closed and there's nothing you can do or say that will change that.

Since there's a complete lack of information about why or what it is the person did wrong, they're not even able to offer a suggestion as to why Amazon may have made a mistake.

Going back to the specific case this thread is about, it sounds like she's got her account reinstated, so, was it a mistake on Amazon's part or had she broken T&C but they've given her the benefit of the doubt? Although I guess we may never know as Amazon likely haven't even told her, happy to be proven wrong though as I've not bothered to google for updates

Still, beating a dead horse really as Amazon won't change their practice and we're all, ok, perhaps not everyone, but most still going to buy from them despite this (as long as DRM can be stripped).

Just hope we never reach the day when I'm posting on here to say Amazon just closed my account and won't tell me why

Last edited by JoeD; 10-25-2012 at 12:31 PM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote