View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #31
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjalawyer View Post
. . . (ii) it could be shown that there's a logical connection between cutting people off the internet and reducing piracy.

Unfortunately, HADOPI managed neither (i) nor (ii) . . .
So all the mainsteam media sites who say French piracy declined are wrong?

I can even find a torrent-friendly web site admitting that French piracy declined. Not only is there a logical relationship between sanctioning piracy and people doing it less, there's objective evidence for it.

(As far as the rest of the headline, that sales didn't go up, this wasn't your claim in #29, but someone will perhaps now make it. We can at least say that book sales have held up.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
If you get a parking ticket, I believe they must prove you were the one driving as it's the driver who entered into the parking contract, not the owner of the vehicle.
Since this is generally an impossibility, I suppose only fools put money in the meter where you live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
I'm not condoning piracy, and I'm not saying that there shouldn't be sanctions.
Are you then saying then that there should be sanctions? Please tell us more about that. I'm apparently in the minority here, and need some help
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote