View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Do a search for <p class="calibre2"> to be sure that the only usage is in the Chapter Headers

Code:
Search: <p (class="calibre2">.+)</p>
Replace: <h3 \1<</h3>
then do a single section Search and Replace.
Press F7 to see if the TOC has that correct
Abort the edit if wrong.
change to All HTML and find next, Replace All
F7 to check

Anything that is wrong in the files should be looked at and edited back to <p ... </p>,
Thanks for your ongoing help. Unfortunately, it didn't work. For example, in book mode and in the calibre reader, I get this:
Quote:
Replace:
<</h3>PROLOGUE
with this code:

Quote:
<h3 id="heading_id_2">&lt;&lt;/h3&gt;<a class="calibre8" href="../Text/Priestess_of_the_White_split_003.html#filepos989"> <span class="calibre3 bold calibre9">P</span><span class="calibre10 bold calibre9">ROLOGUE</span></a><br />
which was previously this:

Quote:

<div class="calibre1" id="filepos17136">
<p class="calibre2"><a class="calibre8" href="../Text/Priestess_of_the_White_split_003.html#filepos989"> <span class="calibre3 bold calibre9">P</span><span class="calibre10 bold calibre9">ROLOGUE</span></a></p><br class="calibre4" />
<br class="calibre4" />
Also, as question: assuming that we can get this fix working, will it work for all of the books that I have with this problem? I've figured out that I have at least eight books that need fixing because of this.

Anyway, thanks!
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote