Old 08-01-2023, 11:33 AM   #3
WV-Mike
Connoisseur
WV-Mike began at the beginning.

Device: None
CSS not being applied to ePub

Greetings,
Thanks very much for this information.
I installed PocketBook and the fonts display as I defined in the stylesheet. I am hoping this is a function of the reader and not because the font is installed on my phone.
If the latter is the case, then I guess I would need to embed the font in the ePub or change to the Android system fonts so any 'Droid user would see the correct font.

PocketBook seems quite flexible compared to ReadEra and I appreciate you pointing me in that direction.
This is all very new to me and interesting and fun.
WV-Mike
=====

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbnJrg View Post
Nothing wrong with your epub. The issue is that ReadEra is not the best app to read an epub; in fact, it doesn't honor the css styles inside an style sheet. You have to define your own styles "on the fly" in the very app. There, you must define the font you want, its size, the alignment of paragraphs, their line-height, the margins of the page. And that's all; you can't define anything more.

You'll have better by choosing any other app to read your epub: PocketBoot, Aldiko Next, Lithium, Reasily, Gitden Reader (if you can find it), Bluefire, OverDrive. And if your epub doesn't have some very advanced epub3 properties, you also will be able to read your ebook in BookFusion and Colibrio Reader. Even Infinity Reader will honor so simple css stylesheet like yours. Of course, you have set "Times New Roman" ot Times as fonts; if your smartphone doesn't have them, the ereader app won't be able to show them
WV-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote