View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 12:34 AM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Parkinson View Post
Sometime in the 1970s I read an alternate history story where the Nazis had won WWII and taken over Europe. I can't recall the title or author and a fairly rigorous search of Wikipaedia and Amazon reveals a LOT of stories that fit this description, but none of the ones I found are the one I'm thinking of.

Let's see if anyone here knows it.

Most of the action takes place on the island of St Kilda off the Scottish coast. The reason for that particular location is that is is remote enough for a very, very secret project that needs a lot of room. They are building a time machine. The story starts some decades after WWII and the Nazis are in control of the British Isles. It fascinated me at the time because there was a fair bit of interaction with a huge computer buried under the Swiss (I think) mountains but they could log onto it remotely. As I was reading it I was cutting my software teeth on a remote mainframe so it resonated very well. In these days of the internet all that seems rather quaint now.

So, anyone recognise this? Feel free to use this thread for your own lost books.
All Evil Shed Away

http://www.amazon.com/All-Evil-Shed-Away/dp/0529048337

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 10-03-2010 at 12:49 AM. Reason: LLamas
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote